so I did the upgrade, too
1. no entry for shutdown or restart the system in the menu - ther is an entry under enlightenment but then gdm appears and another klick is needed (or shutdown-command at the terminal) - please bring back the menu-entry
2. still dislike the layout of the new settings manager - an its really slow on my system ...
3. tried ecomorph - did not find where to configure it ...
4. in extra menu (OpenGEU) now only "Dokumantation" and "Preferences" are left
5. no OpenGEU-splashscreen while booting up the system
6. everytime a pop-up at system boot which tells me, that my network is now conected - did not find where to disable
7. Mount Error at every start of e17: "Can't mount device - org.freedesktop.HAL.Device.PermissionDeniedByPolicy - org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-fixed auth_admin_keep_always" - but as I can see all my devices are mounted correctly
Maybe still a bit work has to be done on 8.10 ...
ad.1) it looks you have still old configuration installed - in older opengeu intrepid configs, there was this problem, then i fixed it. The new version is there already.
ad.2) that's not our problem.
ad.3) ecsm, and you can too set some keybindings and mousebindings in E's config dialog.
ad.4) it looks like Luca has some wrong things in his extramenu module cfgs.
ad.5) we know about it.
ad.6) it looks you have etray-nm running with opengeu profile and with standard, not. And etray-nm runs nm-applet. And network manager applet says that message. So, that is not our problem, but nm-applet config problem.
ad.7) on Standard, it does not say this, because there is no Places module loaded - in opengeu, it is - and Places module uses HAL config for mounting - so it looks you have your HAL configs broken - that's too not OpenGEU problem.