So I did a lot of investigation and solved most of the Probs :-)
1. no entry for shutdown or restart the system in the menu - ther is an entry under enlightenment but then gdm appears and another klick is needed (or shutdown-command at the terminal) - please bring back the menu-entry
ad.1) it looks you have still old configuration installed - in older opengeu intrepid configs, there was this problem, then i fixed it. The new version is there already.
Quaker told the truth and not ;-) - there were two configs installed - for any reason apt kept rhe old one and installen the new one, too - I removed the one which was not in the 8.10 repos (but why it had a higher release-number than the newer one ?) - but that did not solved my problem - I needed to delete all .e* files in home an make a "opengeu-default-config" now the System entry is there :-)
5. no OpenGEU-splashscreen while booting up the system
as you promised the next update fixed it
4. in extra menu (OpenGEU) now only "Dokumantation" and "Preferences" are left
OK, thats a feature not a bug
7. Mount Error at every start of e17: "Can't mount device - org.freedesktop.HAL.Device.PermissionDeniedByPolicy - org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-fixed auth_admin_keep_always" - but as I can see all my devices are mounted correctly
ad.7) on Standard, it does not say this, because there is no Places module loaded - in opengeu, it is - and Places module uses HAL config for mounting - so it looks you have your HAL configs broken - that's too not OpenGEU problem
It was not my HAL config - it was a upgrade failure (but a Ubuntu-one ;-) ) - I had installen Kconfig for styling my 4 KDE-Apps (Amarok, Tellico, K3b, K9copy) - in 8.10 Kconfig does not longer exist but unfortunately any libary seems to depend on dolphin so it was installed - doplphin actually has a known bug with Policitykit and thats why the error appears - removing dolphin fixes the problem ... - for anybody who needs dolphin here the solution:
Install and start GUI frontend for PolicyKit: policykit-gnome (policykit-kde shipped in 2009 is rather broken) to start terminal: polkit-gnome-authorization
Go to section "Freedesktop => Storage => Mount file systems from internal drives.” Click the ‘Grant’ button and then select your username from the drop-down box (it’s probably safest to set ‘Must be in active session on local console’). Then click ‘Grant’.
This tool is also usefull if you have any issues mounting or unmounting removable devices, ... have a look on it ;-)
What I didn't fix now:
2. still dislike the layout of the new settings manager
OK if that is the new version from e17 - it works but the old layout was so much closer to the rest of the system ...
3. tried ecomorph - did not find where to configure it ...
ad.3) ecsm, and you can too set some keybindings and mousebindings in E's config dialog
maybe I'm to dumb for that tool ... - disabled dropshadow and bling - logged off - changed to ecomorph logged in - configured anything in ecsm - nothing happend ...
:~$ glxinfo|grep rendering
direct rendering: Yes
so 3d should work :-( - what I have to do else ? -btw the new geutheme didn't bring me the entry for ecsm ...
6. everytime a pop-up at system boot which tells me, that my network is now conected - did not find where to disable
ad.6) it looks you have etray-nm running with opengeu profile and with standard, not. And etray-nm runs nm-applet. And network manager applet says that message. So, that is not our problem, but nm-applet config problem
OK a nm-applet config problem - has anyone an idea to disable that dumb popup (I really don't like popups ;-) )?
To say a few more very positive things: anything else works perfect :-) - and first time my printer works without any probs under an Ubuntu Distri - its an old Laserjet 6p and former Ubuntus always lost the driver every few printjobs ... noe it works :-)
He DM, Quaker, Mike, ... - great work an I think most problems I had the last days will be solved with a new Live-CD because the were only upgrade-based ;-)
wow long text ;-)